Guys, guys, GUYS! I'm still at FGS2014, but I received this press release about FGS2015. Registration is open! But it gets better. Register for FGS2015 and get a pass to RootsTech for only $39! Both conferences will be going at the same time. This price for an add-on RootsTech pass is a steal. Take advantage of it! Will I see you there? -Amy
2015 FGS CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Connect.Explore.Refresh — A Conference for the Nation’s Genealogists
– Austin, TX. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) opened registration today for their 2015 conference scheduled for in Salt Lake City, Utah. This highly anticipated genealogy event puts the FGS and RootsTech conferences under one roof at the Salt Palace Convention Center (SPCC).
Registration opened with a special early bird price of $139 for a full FGS conference registration. That pricing is available throughhttp://FGSconference.org/
2015.. Attend only FGS or add-on a full RootsTech pass for an additional $39. Register now at
FGS President, D. Joshua Taylor, shared "FGS 2015 will undoubtedly be part of the largest family history event in North America. We are delighted to partner with RootsTech to bring the best of tradition and innovation to the family history community."
· Conference Sessions: The program features lectures for genealogists of all experience levels. Attendees will learn from a variety of tracks including Tried and True Methods, The Most Useful Records Hidden in Plain Sight, Compiling Singular Records into Lively Stories, A Retro Look at Organizing and Planning, and Modern Access to Vintage Resources. See the full program and list of speakers at http://FGSconference.org/
· General Sessions: , , and mornings will kick off with a joint general session for all FGS and RootsTech attendees.
· Expo Hall: Both conferences will share an expo hall covering more than 120,000 square feet, which will offer at least 240 booth spaces and a Demo Theater featuring special vendor presentations.
· Research Opportunity: The Family History Library is the reason that Salt Lake City is the dream destination of genealogists everywhere. The library is a located in walking distance of the Salt Palace Convention Center and the four conference hotels.
· Focus on Societies: Sessions on will give society leaders and volunteers ideas and tools to help societies promote themselves, increase membership, and develop sources of revenue.
· Librarians’ Day: On , ProQuest will sponsor a full pre-conference day of sessions designed for librarians, archivists, and other information professionals serving family history researchers.
Visit the FGS conference website at http://FGSconference.org/
2015 for additional details including links to the conference hotels. Watch for future announcements about general session speakers, special activities and more on the FGS Voice Blog at http://voice.fgs.org/ and through FGS social media channels (links available on the conference website).
See you in Salt Lake City in February.
About the Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS) was founded in 1976 and represents the members of hundreds of genealogical societies. FGS links the genealogical community by helping genealogical societies strengthen and grow through resources available online, FGS Forum magazine (filled with articles pertaining to society management and genealogical news), and Society Strategy Series papers, covering topics about effectively operating a genealogical society. FGS also links the genealogical community through its annual conference -- four days of excellent lectures, including one full day devoted to society management topics. To learn more visit http://www.fgs.org.
Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/
FGSgenealogy), Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/ FGSgenealogy) and on our blog at (http://voice.fgs.org).