Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Day at the Clayton Genealogy Library

I'm knee deep in a difficult project for a fabulous client. The task is pretty much to find all I can about a guy named Henry in 1700's Virginia, and do so on a pre-determined deadline. I've been going to the Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research lately in an attempt to poach all I can from their extensive collection.

Today was another Clayton day. I'm going through the microfilms right now. This was what I saw on the first film I put on the machine this morning:


Yeah.

Luckily the records got a little bit clearer later on.

I did find Henry's baptism date and place. Then I found some records that I believe belong to Henry's father, Henry Sr. The problem is that I don't know which Henry paid a fine for not attending church.

Much, much more time is needed at the Clayton Library. I sense several more trips in my immediate future.

I know I haven't been blogging much lately. Henry and his crew are the reason why. I'm here. I'm just researching genealogy for someone else instead of writing about it for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment